Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sliderul/public_html/subs/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
View topic - Wet www.sliderulesyou.com Slide Rules You Forum • View topic - Wet
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:00 pm 
Forum God

I was dressed as a mermaid at the last Club Pedestal event, and one of the subs asked:

"Aren't mermaids supposed to be sweet?"

"No," I said.

I then explained that I was more of a traditional mermaid, the pre-Disney siren type - one who sat around singing, shimmering, and flapping my tail about in a seductive way. I was the sort of mermaid that would drive sailors slowly insane, send their boats crashing into the rocks, and still have them thank me with their last bubbles of breath as those cold, gasping faces slid under the water.

"It's like Hylas and the Nymphs, by John William Waterhouse," I continued. "That's my favourite painting. Hylas is wading out into the pool, down to these beautiful women who are swimming there, and he knows on some level that they're going to drown him, it's inevitable, but he keeps going anyway. He wants it. He wants them. He wants to be in there with them more than he wants to be alive."

I'm always interested in exploring the parallels between mythology and BDSM. As human beings, our sexual development is not only affected by biology and experience, but also a complex system of symbols and archetypes of which we often have little conscious knowledge. There's something primal, elemental and quintessentially female about the use of water in torture and bondage play.

I suppose, when analysed, it comes down to the most basic sexual euphemism. A man's power is shoving, thrusting, and penetrating, whereas a woman's force envelopes, saturates, and overwhelms.

(And I'm not suggesting, as some traditions do, that masculine energy is exclusively active and feminine energy is passive. After all, when we look at trends in murder, the boys shoot, stab and beat, while the girls statistically prefer to poison, drown or smother their victims. Yin or Yang, there are still a pile of corpses on both sides. In the same way, I would never imply that a woman shouldn't take on the attributes of a man, or vice versa, both in BDSM and in life. On the contrary: a gender role is not determined by which set of genitals we're born with, but by the mantle we choose to put on. In my case, it changes on a whim. I could don a strap-on and a swagger and knock down anyone or anything that got in my way, or else I could glide sinuously, dangerously, between tables, fluttering my eyelashes and taking down foes with the lightest, most sensitive touch. We all have aspects of both male and female inside us, and of every shade between.)

Yet as a woman, I find that I'm inextricably drawn to BDSM fantasies involving water. The thread on Chinese Water Torture at IC sent me paddling immediately over to Kink.com look for something like this to tide me over. I hope you enjoy it too.

Profile E-mail